Bokor Mountain part 2

For sightseers, Chea says there is a 60m, three-tiered waterfall in the Park and 20km from the old ‘City of Bokor’, there is a large, flat area of rock with grasses growing between the cracks in lines, like dikes in a rice field. This place is called Veal Srae Muy Roy or Plain of a Hundred Rice Fields.

“There are also many kinds of wild animals in the forest, tigers, elephants, oxen, buffalo, deer all roam here and there are more than 230 species of birds.”

Prum Socheat is a staff member at the Khmer Women’s Voice Center and Sary Nitha works at an organization assisting women in crisis. They are visitors at Bokor

and they offer their impressions of the mountain-top.“I feel as if I were flying or walking in the sky like in my dreams. When I peer down from where I stand, I see clouds floating along the waist of the mountain far away,” Prum says.“Here, you feel the coldness reaching into your heart,” Sary says. “No waterfall is as cold as Bokor waterfall. I will never forget the scenery of the mountain. It is like a daydream in the sky.”
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • JayavarmanVII

    JayavarmanVII

    KHMER KING

    KHMER KING

    CODE GEOCOUNTER


    counter

    See Here

    GEOCOUNTER